Documents

» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 132» Next»     » Slide Show

Loading...





T. Rønneberg Packer and Exporter of Canned Goods

Translation by Terry Ronneberg

Tørres Rønneberg belongs to the pioneers of canned food industry in Stavanger. He started his first factory in 1881, in one of the barn buildings at the Kampen Farm, close to today\'s Kampen school. These premises, far out in the country, became quickly unsuitable as production increased. Rønneberg therefore bought, in 1888, Rosenkilde\'s former property at the end of Vågen, and furnished the seaside house to the cannery factory. From 1898, the business was also expanded to include \"public cuisine\" serving up to 800 servings of dinner each day.

The property in Nedre Strandgate was taken over by the Stavanger municipality in 1916, while the Rønneberg Preserving Company moved in 1917 into a new building in Tanke Svilandsgate.

When Tørres Rønneberg died in 1913, the operation of the company was led by his two sons, Arne and Einar. In the 1930s, the company was now experiencing the same problems as the rest of the industry, and had to repeatedly refinanced, while the firm was also converted into a corporation.

The operation at the Tanke Svilandsgate factory lasted until 1975. The company still exists as a property company.


Owner/SourceTerry Ronneberg
Date15 Jun 2017
PlaceStavanger, Norway
Latitude58.9699756
Longitude5.733107300000029
File nameT R factory.jpeg
File Size105.14k
Dimensions676 x 604
Linked toRønneberg, Tørres Andersen

» Show All     «Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 132» Next»     » Slide Show




Home Page |  What's New |  Most Wanted |  Surnames |  Photos |  Histories |  Documents |  Cemeteries |  Places |  Dates |  Reports |  Sources